Monday, November 26, 2012

Shopping in Cordoba Argentina

Shopping seems to be a big deal for a lot of tourists and expats. It’s certainly a big deal for me. I can’t speak for every other province in Argentina, but Cordoba has a wide variety of shopping centers. They say pictures are worth a thousand words so I decided to share some of the pictures I’ve taken while I was out in the city.
If you're looking for comic books or collectibles then go to Crossover Comics. It's located at  Av. Gral Paz 174 Local 5. http://www.crossover-comic.com.ar/
 Paseo de las Flores (Path of the Flowers) is the entrance to a vast labyrinth of strip malls. You can find just about anything here, including restaurants, McDonalds, bookstores, DVD stores, clothing stores and more.
As long as you're walking around you might as well enjoy some of the beautiful architecture in Cordoba.
Of course, if you're looking for a good old fashioned mall then I recommend Patio Olmos which contains a food court, a movie theater, a bowling alley and all types of stores.
 The food court has a variety of cafe's, traditional Argentinean food, as well as a McDonald's and Burger King.
You have several places to choose from when doing groceries. There are mom and pop convenience stores in every neighborhood, but if you need more variety, you can visit some amazing supermarkets, like Vea, Libertad, Carrefour, Disco, and of course, Wal-Mart. Here's an interior look at some of the supermarkets in Cordoba.
 I know I've mentioned this in a previous entry, but if you happen to be in Cordoba and you're craving coffee from Starbucks, then you're in luck. It's located inAvenida Colón 608.
I hope you've enjoyed the pictures, and the info, and that you find some of it useful in your visit or integration as an expat. Please rate or comment if you have a chance so I don't feel like I'm writing to myself. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment