Friday, October 26, 2012

Gender And Age Discrimination In Argentinean Jobs

I have been actively looking for work since my arrival in Argentina, specifically in the administrative field, which is the type of work I used to do in the States. Unfortunately, many posts have age and gender requirements.

Unfortunately, Argentinean businesses can post job openings which require that you be a specific gender or a specific age, and it's perfectly legal. My personal experience with this type of discrimination occurred when I tried applying for the only two admin job posts I found on a website. The first job was perfect, but required that I be female. The second job was also perfect, but I had to be between the ages of 26 and 31, and I am 35 so that was a bust.

I'm starting to wonder if I will ever land a job here. I'm even considering going back to school. Maybe an opportunity will open up for me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment